Wessam was initially drawn to dentistry after his own unpleasant experience as a kid in the dental chair, which made him think that “a dentist visit should be a better experience”.
Wessam graduated from the University of Cairo in 2000 and he moved to Australia in 2010 for perusing further studies for the Australian Dental Council examinations. Wessam absolutely loves living in Melbourne and calls it “home” now.
Dr Atteya has almost 20 years of experience, treating patients, which he gained in public and private practices both in Melbourne and in Cairo. He is also lecturing for Overseas Dentists to help them gain the qualifications required in Australia. Moreover, Dt Atteya worked at the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne and lectured for the Clinical Training Unit of the Dental Health Services of Victoria.
Dr Atteya strongly believes that continuing professional development is a must to keep up with advancements in modern dentistry, and to ensure evidence-based competency in his profession, hence he has attained the well reputable Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons where he also acts as a Mentor for the MRACDS enrolled dentists Dr Atteya is member of the Faculty of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
Dr Atteya also serves on the Continuing Professional Development Committee of the Australian Dental Association – Victorian Branch, since 2017.
Dr Atteya practices almost all facets of dentistry and has special interests in Implant Dentistry and Oral Surgery (particularly wisdom teeth surgeries), as well as Root Canal Treatment and Cosmetic Dentistry.
Wessam believes that excellent dentistry provided with compassion could have a long-lasting profound effect on a patient’s life. His motto is “Quality dentistry, quality life”.
According to his patients, Wessam provides high-end dentistry exceptionally gentle care. As such, his patients like to see no other dentists after seeing him.
In his free time, Wessam likes to play soccer and tennis with his two daughters and wife.
Dr Atteya is a:
- Fellow – RACDS “Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons”, Australia
- Member – ADA “Australian Dental Association”, Australia
- Member – MFDS RCSEd “Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh”, UK
- Member – MFD RCSI “Faculty of Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland”, Ireland
- Member – MFDS RCSEng “Faculty of Dental Surgery, the Royal College of Surgeons of England”, UK
- Member – MFDS RCPSGlasg “Faculty of Dental Surgery, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow”, UK
- Member – ITI “International Team for Implantology”, Switzerland
- Member – AOS “Australian Osseointegration Society”, Australia
- Member – ICOI “International Congress of Oral Implantologists”, USA
- Member – APS “Australian Prosthodontic Society”, Australia
- Member – FOR “Foundation for Oral Rehabilitation”, Switzerland